Monday, April 27, 2009

Being Taken

Do you ever get that sinking feeling that you are being taken? Feel like you are being instructed to grab your ankles. I took my car to a local Dealer to get a window fixed that got frozen shut and broke. It ended up costing over 400 dollars to replace a small part in the door. The window itself was not broke just the piece that connects the motor to the window.

I know there is a mark up when going to these places, and I was fine with the labor charge cause that is a black hole. You have no idea what is standard for that. My problem is the part online was 67 dollars. They charged me 243 dollars for it. I don't think 300% is a realistic mark up.

I will not be taking my car back there again. They kept telling me how good a deal it was, that usually means they are screwing you. I always like when they talk to me like I am an idiot too.

The other thing is, they broke some trim on my car when they were replacing the part. They said they would replace it, at this point it has been a month and they have yet to do so. I don't think it is my job to chase them down for something they did. They should call. I don't really miss the part, it is mainly the point of it.

It sucks when you get screwed like this, I guess the only thing you can do is not go back to them. It just so happens it is an American car, only one of the three vehicles I have. You wonder why the American car companies are having so many problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment