Friday, March 25, 2011

Paul

Went to see Paul last weekend and it was a pleasant surprise. We go to the movies quite often and there were not a lot of choices this weekend. There were a lot of movies out that I would watch as a rental but going to see in the theater is a stretch. On a side note I love the Simon Pegg/Nick Frost movies. If you are someone that loves SciFi it is an excellent homage to the genre. There are so many easter eggs in this movie I will probably have to buy it when it comes out on DVD. It has a high re-watch value because of this.

I am not much of a Kristin Wigg fan but she is actually likable in this movie. That was a nice surprise, maybe she just needs to get away from doing all the SNL movies.

If you liked "Shaun of the Dead" and "Hot Fuzz" you will like this movie. My wife and I agreed this one is not quite as good as Shaun but much better the Fuzz So that is something.

I would give it 3 out of 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment