Monday, February 23, 2009

The Oscars

The Oscars...

Anyone watch the Oscars? I love movies and will probably post some reviews here and there between rantings. It always interests me to watch the Oscars and I am always left unhappy with the results. This year it was pretty much predictable who would win and they followed suit. I am ok with the results for once, at least I am interested in seeing the movie that won. Some years the movies look utterly dreadful.

I know it is art, but I still like movies to be fun and unrealistic. I don't necessarily want to see too many movies about alcoholics or people dieing of some terminal illness. I live in the real world, movies are supposed to be an escape. I like bad guys and good guys. There are too many movies that exist in the gray. I guess on the flip side, there are too many sequels and remakes being made too.

I don't know where I am going with this. I think the state of movies is not very good right now. If Paul Blart Mall Cop can make over 100 million anything can.

I am looking forward to The Watchmen next, at least they didn't play it safe to get a PG-13 they went right for the R. It should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment